In 1928, Herbert U. Tuttle started his own general construction company, naming it H.U. Tuttle. On January 6, 1954, the company became incorporated and was renamed H.U. Tuttle & Son, Inc.
In 1968, Thomas F. Tuttle, son of Herbert, assumed the responsibility as company president and served in this capacity until 1991 when he retired.
By 1992 Clyde R. Rauch acquired all outstanding shares and became the sole owner of the company and renamed it Tuttle Construction, Inc. Clyde retired in 2015.
In 2015, Paul S. Crow became President/CEO. By 2016 all shares of the company owned by Clyde R. Rauch were acquired by a stockholder group led by Paul S. Crow.
Tuttle Services is the parent company of Tuttle Construction, Inc., as well as TCI's sister company, Touchstone CPM (formed January 1, 2003), which was created to specifically fill the role for customers who need or desire pure construction management services. Touchstone CPM specializes in the healthcare and education markets.
|Herbert U. Tuttle
|Thomas F. Tuttle
|Clyde R. Rauch
|Paul S. Crow
The company was founded on family values and strong, honest work ethic. Even today, the Tuttle team is known for being innovative in its approach to building and ethical in its business dealings. Over 75 percent of its business is from repeat clients, a figure that is outstanding in the industry.